I think you're supposed to read what we write. Please follow/subscribe.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Don't hurt me.

You haven't read a post from me in roughly one month.
I'm back.



Before you bombard me with malicious remarks such as "About time!" or, of a more irrelevant nature, "Your writing style isn't cohesive!", let me justify my absence. Although the cessation was admittedly unnecessary, I'm going to try to explain to you that it wasn't out of complete laziness. Humour me.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I'm a relatively busy person. Those of you who know me personally and are familiar with the chaotic rigmarole that is my life will recognise this. I'm in fifth year, which is considerably more demanding than previous school years. With the senior cycle comes a weightier workload. This workload directly equates to evenings spent pouring over schoolbooks and a loss of free time. I also have a host of extra-curricular activities to contend with. Being continually occupied by something or other, I find it difficult to act on my initiative and to write, edit and publish a blog post. "Why don't you write during your free time?", I hear you ask. The answer is simple, infuriating and most of you will relate to it: when I'm busy, I fervently wish for free time, but when I'm granted it, I tend to while it away achieving nothing. It's a vicious circle. Along with all of this, I don't like to publish blog posts for the sake of it. I want each one to have a premeditated, worthwhile purpose. I want each one to contribute positively to the blog as a whole. As a result, I avoid writing and publishing a post if its topic doesn't completely satisfy me and I publish fewer posts than most. All of this, coupled with my atrocious tendency to procrastinate, led to my month long hiccup.

Now I'm back, however.

Don't expect any further hiatuses. I'm brimming with eclectic post ideas. I don't care if my future posts slip into the farthest reaches of the blogosphere unnoticed; I want them to be published regardless of the response they incite. They will be original, kooky creations. Once I firmly establish a rota with Seabird, you will be able to rely on a stream of continuous original content. When I gain momentum, there's no stopping me.


The future is bright.
The future is hostile and albatross.




3 comments:

  1. Glad the blog has started up again...it's really excellent as a whole, every post is great. I love reading it :-)

    Callous (as much as I hate using that name, but anyways)- "Don't expect any more hiatuses"...hmm... we'll see... :-P but ok, i'll "humour you". it's worth it :-D

    Love xXx

    oh, p.s., seabird, if u happen to read this...cmon now, no more excuses... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seabird has been notified. We are now obliged to publish two posts each per week. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent. so i will be looking forward to, what, 4 posts when i return from NY? nice : ) well, enjoy blogging! xXx

    ReplyDelete