I think you're supposed to read what we write. Please follow/subscribe.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Tale Of Yesterday.

Oh, Fridays...

Friday started fairly abnormally. I had had Thursday off school due too "dangerous conditions". Apparently my roar of disgruntlement when I was woken sounded like a Triceratops giving birth. I don't entirely disagree with that statement.

I reluctantly trod to school. Got the DART from Seapoint to Booterstown, and walked from there to the school. I must say, Ireland is pretty damn scenic under a sprinkling of snow. The sand on the beach was covered in a light dusting of the stuff, and everything was white. I got caught up in the scene and was nearly late for school. As I passed through the woods out the back of the school, I felt a sudden urge to tinkle. There was not a soul about. As I was about to em.. unzip, I heard a loud rustling in nearby bushes.
Nearly had a stroke. Turned out to be a rodent of some sort though.

I turned up to school at last. I'm pretty sure there was a grand total of 12 people there. School sucked. An Australian forensic scientist came over and gave us a "case" to solve. From the start she told us that it was not in any way similar of CSI. I immediately lost all interest. I'm pretty sure someone interested in science would have liked it though, I mean, there were DNA charts and Blood Types and all that jazz.

After school the small group disassembled and went off to separate homes. I was the only person there from around Seapoint, so I walked home all ALONE. I didn't mind in the end though. Dublin had a large coat of whitewash over all of it's immediately visible problems. The fountain in one of the sub-lanes of Booterstown avenue was frozen, a pretty cool sight to behold. I got to the dart station 5 CENTS short of my DART fare. Guess I was walking home. I MEAN 5 CENTS! COME ON!

Walked though Blackrock Park. The lake was frozen over. Guess who decided to check out how strong it was.

That's right.

I fell into the lake. And it was pretty damn freezing. To be fair though, only half of my left leg fell in, it wasn't that bad, although it could well have been a lot worse. Afterwards I traced this site's name in the snow. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the best attempt at advertising.

I got home. Got the goggle eyes from the parents. Strangely enough, I got looks of admiration from my brother. This has never occurred before. Today he said that he wishes to be just like me when he gets older.

Good luck to him.

Yours from a block of ice,

- Seabird.

No comments:

Post a Comment