I think you're supposed to read what we write. Please follow/subscribe.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wandering Rant No.1

All my life I have been exposed to humour. Which has been pretty cool generally, but in the last year some types have humour have started to really tickle my angry inner cynic.
Do you remember when sarcasm used to be the lowest form of humour? My dad repeatedly states that to this day, each time I make use of that tool. I'm not sure it is anymore. Recently New types have humour have emerged, even more banal and repetitive than sarcasm.
Here's a neat little list:

- INNUENDO (do I really have to go through people saying that's what she said for EVERYTHING I say?)

- ALGEBRA RELATED QUIPS

- NICKELODEON

- CHUCK NORRIS JOKES

- OBSESSIVE OFFENSE (coughcough tommy tiernan)

- FUNNY GLASSES

- FACEBOOK GROUPS

- CHRISTMAS CRACKERS

- YOUR UNCLE

- LISTS

- TWITTER

- ADAM SANDLER

The funny thing about all these forms is they reek of desperate (and lazy) attempts to be funny. I'm not saying good hasn't come out of any of these forms (with the exceptions of adam sandler and christmas crackers) but it's just so excessive now that I can't bear it.

Actually, on the other hand all of these do make sarcasm acceptable again. Maybe its for the greater good...

Yours Grumpily,

- Seabird

5 comments:

  1. Why does no one like Adam Sandler all of a sudden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seamus has always hated Adam Sandler. He won't listen to the hanukah song, not ever.
    anyways, why i meant to comment is because i really like chuck norris jokes.
    And puns were the lowest form of humor, because they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because Adam Sandler sucks. And puns do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam Sandler. I never really understood the appeal, to be honest. He's not a great actor, either. Wait, was he in "50 First Dates" and "Anger Management"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Name 20 bad movies you have seen. Adam Sandler will be in at least 10 of them.

    ReplyDelete